Inspirations

Praise Him


Monday, November 19, 2007

Unexpected Gifts from God!!!


Ever have one of those days, weeks, months.... you know the ones where you aren't sure where the money to feed the family is coming from, there is no gas in the car, no funds in the bank? Well I, (being a single mom and self employed) Have had my fair share of these moments. This week has been no exception. With my daughter falling ill with headaches there have been several trips to Sick Kids to figure out what is wrong. This means lots in gas, paying staff/being closed. And while God has usually provided exactly what i needed when i needed it, this surprise was like no other. All this week God has being showing me His care and without a doubt answer to my prayers. Even though my gas tank had been on empty for a week, MIRACULOUSLY, every time i got in it i had just enough gas left to get me where i was going. In 8th of a tank intervals God was filling my gas tank. I don't know how exactly it kept going but who am i to question a bit of gas from a divine man that can create a waterfall or twinkling star at His mear request. Anyway, by Sunday i have pushed every stitch of everything to the last drop, including my miracle gas. i went to my sisters for Sunday brunch...(thanks by the way) and when i returned home i found an envelope in a bag on my door. I opened it, taking it out of the envelope. It said " Thank-you" on the front. I was thinking who could be thanking me for anything, i have so busy running around i didn't think i had done anything extraordinary enough to warrant a thank-you, let alone a card. When I opened it and read the note that was TYPED inside i fell over and wept. In church earlier that day I had taken my quiet time prior to communion to ask God to please just get me through the next few days, All i needed was enough to get a bit a of gas and some much needed groceries. This is what was typed inside the card...



Leanne,

My beloved daughter in whom I am well pleased.

I've been watching you.

Thank-you for giving of yourself,

when that was almost all you had.

Thank-you for reflecting my love to your friends.

I appreciate you. Keep it up girl.

DAD

Praise the Lord, like the card and encouragment wasn't enough, neatly tucked inside, was exactly enough money to get just what i needed. I am not entirely sure who left it but i do know that God used their extreme generosity to answer my prayers yet again. I am reminded of the scripture Matthew 6:26-27

25“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
God is good and so are those He chooses to carry out His answers to prayer. Without them i don't know where i would be right now.

Thank-you who ever you were, for all you have done.

Praising His name,

Leanne

1 comment:

Liisa said...

God is so very good!

Blessings,
Liisa