Inspirations

Praise Him


Saturday, January 19, 2008

"When I say I am a Christian"

I found this poem and had to share it with you. What a wonderful way to put it...


God Bless,
Leanne
When I Say "I Am A Christian"

by Carol Wimmer

When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not shouting "I am saved"
I'm whispering "I get lost!" "That is why I chose this way.
"When I say..."I am a Christian"don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumbleand need someone to be my guide.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weakand pray for strength to carry on.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failedand cannot ever pay the debt.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I'm not claiming to be perfect,
my flaws are too visiblebut God believes I'm worth it.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartacheswhich is why I seek His name.
When I say..."I am a Christian"I do not wish to judge.
I have no authority.I only know I'm loved.



1 comment:

Liisa said...

That was a wonderful poem! Thanks for sharing it!

Blessings,
Liisa