Inspirations

Praise Him


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lots of cathing up to do!



Ever have one of those incredibly long weeks that seems to last for months? well mine actually did! The last post i made was in January. there was snow up to your knees, it was bitter and cold. now the sun is out, it is warming up and a new season has begun. with that has come a new phase in my life. It is like i went to bed one evening in January and woke up to a new season, month, week, life!


Many things have happened, some i am well peased with and some that were a bit hard to swallow. My beautiful daughter is fully recovered and doing fantastic, My son is starting to buckle down in school and is pulling off some great grades, my extremly talented and ever humble nephew has recorded for the first time with his band, i am so proud of him. he really underestimates his ability. I have decided to close my store... *sigh* the last day was last week. I have been incredibly busy getting everything finalized but am nearly done now. as a result of this my sister and i are finding more time to spend with eachother, something i missed terribly. We recently found some old letters at a farm i am helping to renovate, they are very interesting pieces of history. check her blog to read them, she has posted what we have found so far. http://allofmydays-liisa.blogspot.com/ It is truly facinating.


With this new found "time" I have on my hands; now that i am not at the shop 12 hours a day has showed me what i have been missing at home this last 2 years. My kids! i missed being a mom first. It was always, "but i have to do the books", or "there is a big sale coming up i need to plan", "my customers need me". i was not prioritizing like God wanted me too. They are both teens now and this is probably the most important time for them to need me around. this is when all the BIG life decitions come into play with regaurds to peer presure, drugs, sex... the list goes on. They need my guidance now more than ever. With a little shove in the right direction from my wonderful Saviour, I have embarked on a wild new ride, motherhood. I am going to take a month off work to get a new relationship renewed with my kids and then get back at it. as a single mom i can't just not work again, someone needs to provide. but in the future i will be picking a job that allows me to be here for them not just in my heart but in every way. Thank you God for showing me, (against my will at first) that there are way more important things in this life than running a shop that caters to everyone but those who need me most. I have my life back and i am so ready to start living it! Let all things that have breath praise your name Lord!


God Bless


Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

Liisa said...

Awesome post! Praise the Lord for His work in your life.

God truly does work all things together for the good of those that love Him.

Loving seeing you again!
Loving the old letters!
Love you!

Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

I love your humble attitude. Glad that God is working out for good!!

Lisa