Inspirations

Praise Him


Monday, October 29, 2007

Fishing, doesn't that involve worms?



I was thinking today about this letter from an atheist I read at way of the master. (you should check it out the site is full of wonderful things... http://www.wayofthemaster.com) this is the letter:


Do you consider yourself to be compassionate of other humans? If you're right, as you say you are, and believe that, then how can you sleep at night? When you speak with me you are speaking with someone who you believe is walking directly into eternal damnation into an endless onslaught of horrendous pain which your 'loving' god created, yet you stand by and do nothing.If you believe one bit that thousands every day were falling into an eternal and unreachable fate, you should be running the streets mad with rage at their blindness. That's equivalent to standing on a street corner and watching every person that passes you walk blindly directly into the path of a bus and die, yet you stand idly by and do nothing. You're just twiddling your thumbs, happy in the knowledge that one day that 'walk' signal will shine your way across the road.Think about it. Imagine the horrors Hell must have in store if the bible is true. You're just going to allow that to happen and not care about saving anyone but yourself? If you're right then you're an uncaring, unemotional and purely selfish person that has no right to talk about subjects such as love and caring.


Now I have been keen on the fishing for souls since becoming "saved" myself. In fact my friends often, in humor, refer to me as the reacher of the un-reachable because I have a passion for those who most would figure are beyond help. But this letter stirred some questions in me. Am I doing enough? Am I really trying to reach everyone I can before it is to late? If the end came tomorrow would I be satisfied with my attempts to save those around me or even still would HE be satisfied with me? What could I be doing differently? What is the best way to "FISH"? I don't have all the answers but I do know that you and me alike are called to be fishers! Jesus Himself said "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers for men." Not Hey you, if you want to further my kingdom go ahead, if not...whatever! He cares and so should we. Not trying to reach the un-saved is the same as saying a big fat NO to God. A great friend of mine says all the time that late obedience is disobedience. So... what are you doing? What bait do you use? Do you reach out to those who need Christs message the most? Are you putting off talking about salvation with others? God said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" I know I am not doing everything I could. That letter disturbed me. I am watching as people I know in my own community are marching into the abyss. they are dying and I am not trying to reach them before they fall! I am reminded of something I read on ex-atheist.com, Our best witness is a life lived for Christ!


Lord, Please strengthen my resolve and give me the courage to talk boldly with others about your precious gift of salvation. When I am unable to speak please let my actions speak for themselves. I pray I will always live a life where others can see your light shine in me!


I found some websites on witnessing, if you need help in deciding when and how to witness to others feel free to check them out, and remember to pray... God is the one with all the answers!


http://www.allaboutgod.com/christian-witnessing.htm


http://www.victorious.org/lifedeat.htm


http://www.wayofthemaster.com/watchwitnessing.shtml#


http://www.ex-atheist.com/challenge-atheism.html

Praising His Name,

1 comment:

Liisa said...

Thank you so much for this inspiring post. I know there is so much more I could do and I know that I have often put off reaching out to others. You have me inspired to reach out to a new neighbour today and to try and help someone who is terminally ill and yet has refused the free gift of salvation. I also appreciate the links you provided. Thanks.
With love,
Liisa